1. This competition is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the Promotion.
2. To enter, go to the Marmarati website (www.marmarati.org) and upload/submit your entry to any of the challenges through text, photo or video. No applications from third parties, or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete, or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries not in accordance with the entry instructions will be rejected. Entries must be in English.
3. All text, photo and video content should be owned and submitted by the person who created it. Use of unauthorised third party content for submissions will be removed.
4. Closing date for receipt of entries is 23.59 (GMT) on 19th August 2012.
5. Entrants may enter multiple challenges and may submit multiple entries to each challenge.
6. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of uploading/sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
7. Each of the challenges are outlined as follows.
Challenges 1-3 will open on Thursday 20th June 2012. Challenge 4 will open on 26th June 2012, Challenge 5 on 3rd July 2012, Challenge 6 on 11th July 2012, Challenge 7 on 17th July 2012 and Challenge 8 on 24th July 2012.
8. Points awarded to challenge submissions, and votes recorded against each entry will go towards ongoing membership in the Marmarati (an exclusive Marmite fan club). New entrants may find themselves being inducted if deemed to have successfully proven their value, and existing members of the Marmarati may be offered access to higher ranks. Entries will be reviewed after the Promotion has closed and inclusion in the Marmarati will be decided by Unilever and its affiliates, including its or their officers, employees or agents in the presence of an independent adjudicator. Unilever’s decision is final and no correspondance will be entered into after the Promotion has ended if unsuccessful.
9. There will be online rewards in the form of badges for successful submissions. These are displayed at http://www.marmarati.org/badges/ and you will see the badges earned on your profile page.
10. Members of the Marmarati are also privy to ongoing events and promotions that new recruits would be able to access if successful.
11. There are no cash prizes
12. By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel, including the right to make your entry available for download.
13. Subject to clause 16 entries may be shown on the Marmarati website, YouTube, Flickr, Twitter and Facebook.
Conditions of Entry
14. Each entry:
a. must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
b. must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Unilever and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of Unilever) unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks;
c. must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the entrant).
15. The entry shall be the entrant’s own work. By entering the competition each entrant warrants that their entry shall be original and shall not have been previously published or exploited in any part and will not infringe any copyright, right of privacy, right of publicity or personality or any other right whatsoever of any third party.
16. If anyone other than you appears in your entry, you must have their permission to use their name and/or likeness in the manner contemplated by this competition.
17. Entries received in connection with this competition will be reviewed by a third party moderator after they have been placed online to confirm they comply with these terms and conditions. Visitors to the website can also click on a link to notify the Promoter of any content they believe is inappropriate. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, we shall remove them from the website. The Promoter reserves the right to delete or remove any published entries from the website at any time without prior notice to entrants.
18. This website uses embedded player technology from youtube.com and you must also agree to the youtube.comTerms of Service available at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and Community Guidelines at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines?gl=GB&hl=en-GB. Youtube may also remove video content if they deem it to be inappropriate for use on their website. If this occurs to your entry it will be removed from the competition.
19. This website also uses embedded technology from flickr.com and you must also agree to the flickr.comTerms of Service available at http://info.yahoo.com/legal/uk/yahoo/utos-173.html and Community Guidelines at http://www.flickr.com/guidelines.gne. Flickr may also remove photo content if they deem it to be inappropriate for use on their website. If this occurs to your entry it will be removed from the competition.
20. If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the Competition, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
21. By participating in this competition, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this competition (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
22. If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
23. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners (“the Indemnitees”) harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter’s use of the entrant’s submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
24. The Winners’ details (name and county) will be made available on request to those writing to “Marmite Extra Old, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR” within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE
25. The Winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this Promotion
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any point during the Promotion. Any amendments will be listed at the top of this page.
27. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and withhold the prize of any individual found to be tampering with the voting process or the operation of the Promotion or website, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
28. In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be unlawful, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue in full force and effect.
29. By entering the challenges, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
30. Some icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane. All rights reserved.
31. As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns Republic of Ireland residents, these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR
Marmite™ is a trademark of © Unilever 2011